Premium Pack 3: Advanced Responsive Skins for Help+Manual 7
Help+Manual Premium Pack is a set of 48 professionally-designed skins that take the WebHelp and CHM output of your Help+Manual
projects to a whole new level. A single WebHelp site now works smoothly on desktop,
tablet and smartphone browsers, with an optimized user interface for each device type.
Even large TOCs and keyword indexes are handled well on smartphones.
And browsing has been optimized for lightning-fast topic loading. The Premium Pack now also comes with a
configuration utility with direct help for every configuration setting when you select it.
Responsive Design - Embedded Help - Field-Level Popups
Hyperspeed Browsing - Guided Configuration
Responsive Webhelp skin
Responsive Webhelp skin
Responsive Webhelp skin
Responsive skin on phone, closed
Responsive skin on phone, opened
Responsive skin on phone, minimal view
Over 40 skins for $99 - purchase the Premium Pack now!
- Fully responsive – create one WebHelp site for desktop, tablet and phone browsers
- Frameless topics – no more index.html layout page, the topic pages are your pages and their names are your URLs
- Embedded help – embed your help in existing web pages with a snippet of code like a YouTube video
- Skin Language Files - the Toolbox utility can export and import all the interface texts. English and German language files are included for all skins. More languages will be added as they become available.
- Field-level popups – display formatted popups from your help in your own web pages with simple links
- Field-level topics - display entire topics from your help in your own web pages in the same way as popups
- Responsive X-tables – add a single setting to data tables to make them reformat automatically on mobile devices
- Local WebHelp – deploy WebHelp locally without a web browser, even for Google Chrome and Internet Explorer
- Fast browsing – highly optimized topic loading for extremely fast browsing
- Scalable – user-adjustable text size for the best possible user experience.
Premium Pack skins add many features to your output that are not available in Help+Manual's standard skins and templates. These include:
- Configurable mail feedback with automatic reference to the current project and topic
- Advanced printing support with preview of printer-friendly topic version
- Toggle jump – link to anchors inside toggles
- Auto TOC – auto-generated menu of links to scroll to headings in the current topic
- Draggable and resizable popups that are sized and positioned automatically
- Permalinks for quick references to the current topic
- Social sharing links to sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- WordPress Plugin – Easily integrate and configure WebHelp in your WordPress site. Support for embedded help and field-level topics and popups within your WordPress pages.
- Google Web Fonts – Integrate Google Web Fonts in your projects, use them directcly in Help+Manual and in your WebHelp output.
- Images & Tables on Mobile – Solve problems with larger images and tables on mobile devices by adding a single CSS class to them.
There Are More Skins Included
In addition to the new V3 Responsive WebHelp skins, Premium Pack 3 continues to include the most popular skins from previous versions.
HTML Help (CHM) skin
iPad + Android tablet skin
CHM Skins (8 skin styles)
These skins are specifically designed for Microsoft HTML Help CHM files, where the viewer is part of Microsoft Windows
and cannot be skinned. They give the user access to advanced functions without taking up additional space in the topic header.
Additional functions are available in compact drop-down menus. You can also configure a logo with a hyperlink and a background
image in the header area. The CHM skins also introduce our new file link fixer, which makes it possible to link to external
files with relative paths in your CHM topics.
CHM skin features
- Eight ready-to-use CHM skin styles to choose from
- Compact navigation and menu area at the right of the header
- File Link Fixer: Links to files outside the CHM folder now work normally
- Auto-generated drop-down topic menu for scrolling to headings within your topics
- Automatic breadcrumb trail navigation above the topic headers
- ToggleJump - create hyperlinks that jump to anchors inside toggles or that open specific toggles
- Sortable tables - create tables that users can resort by clicking on the header titles
- Smart Print menu option with print preview - reformats the page automatically taking out elements irrelevant for printing
- Mail feedback menu option - auto-generates a feedback email to your address with details of the current topic inserted
- Home button links to either home topic or parent chapter of current topic
- Configurable topic footer at the bottom of each topic
- Auto-redirect options for visitors using mobile devices (redirect them to the smartphone or tablet versions of your help)
- Dynamic toggle images that expand first within the current window dimensions and to full size when the zoom button is clicked
V2 Smartphone Skins (8 skin styles)
These skins are for delivering documentation to the web browsers on modern smartphones,
with full touch, rotate and pinch-zoom support. They are compatible with iPhone, Android,
Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry (OS 6 or later).
They make full use of the phone's small screen, with a toolbar for switching between the contents, topics and the search and index pages.
Users can also swipe to switch between contents and topics on Android and iPhone.
Images are resized automatically to fit
on the screen and you can define special structures called "tap tables" for displaying large-format content that would normally
break the phone layout. Search can be implemented with Google Site Search, you just need to enter your Site Search embed code to
Smartphone skin features
- Eight ready-to-use smartphone skin styles to choose from
- Full-page navigation in the TOC, then tap in the toolbar to display the selected topic
- Fully touch-oriented interface with easy-touch buttons
- Animated slide effect between TOC, Index and topics
- Full tap and pinch-to-zoom support
- Advanced Ajax-based layout, no frames
- Images are automatically resized to fit the phone screen, also on phone rotation
- "Tap Tables" for displaying large-format content that normally doesn't fit on a phone screen
- Full support for browser history and URLs linking to topics and anchors
- Support for Google Site Search and Google Analytics integration
- Auto-redirect options for visitors using desktop browsers and incompatible devices
- Support for additional high-resolution images for iPads with Retina dispaly
V2 iPad and Android Tablet Skin
This very popular skin provides a simplified interface ideal for touchscreen tablets. It also supports
offline WebApp mode for documentation installed on tablets where the user doesn't always have an Internet connection -
for example field support staff.
Single-click feature activation
You just select one of the Premium Pack skins when you publish your project to use the layout. Then you activate the features you want to use by selecting the options displayed in the Publish dialog.
When you select a Premium Pack skin the options for activating its features are automatically displayed in the Include Options box in the Publish dialog. You activate and deactivate features by selecting or deselecting the options:
Configuration without code editing
You don't need to edit any confusing HTML code to configure your skins. All the text displayed in the skins, your support email address, the text in the email feedback form and so on are stored in simple text variables. You can set up everything just by editing the variable definitions.
Toolbox Configuration and Power Tools Utility
Premium Pack 3 includes a special utility called Premium Pack Toolbox with which you can configure your skins, featuring popup help for every configuration option. It is also a Help+Manual Power Tools suite for skins and projects. The features below are just a few of the highlights:
- Configure PP Skins - Configuration options grouped for easy access with popup help for every item.
- Update PP Skins - Transfer your configuration to different or updated skins. Includes ten different configuration groups with previews for checking.
- Normalize Project Styles - Processes Help+Manual projects to streamline your XML code by removing manual/inline formatting. Can also globally convert inline formatting to style references in imported HTML and CHM topics, saving you many hours of tedious manual work.
- Edit HTML Templates - Edit the HTML templates and other files in your skins and projects directly with your favorite code editor (e.g. Notepad++ or Sublime Text). Toolbox establishes a live link to your editor and saves your edits directly back to the HM skin or project.
- Search & Replace in Topic XML - Five different modes to perform advanced global search and replace operations on the XML source code of the topics in your project. Includes Regular Expression support.
- Advanced Skin Configuration - Add settings to skins normally only available in projects. For example, set a skin to get images from an alternative location.